September 27, 2011

Green, White, Red and Other Awesome Colors

I was beginning to wonder if any of you figured out the scrumptious jumbled mess in the previous day's post. So, I'll just go ahead and tell you. The uber-delicious dish is none other than (drum roll please)....




CAPRESE SALAD! 
I came across this dish while dining at a little Italian place in Georgia with my awesome mother-in-law (she might not remember, but I sure do 'cause it was super tasty atop the warm Italian bread), and was reminded of it again when I needed food ideas for Bible study this past Wednesday. Emily, my wonderful friend, suggested basil, mozzarella, and tomato with olive oil. I was more than excited to make this dish, since my mouth began to water at the thought. Not to mention it's a super easy dish to make, plus Andrew and our friends at Bible study ate it up. You and your family/friends will love this refreshing treat.




The freshness of the basil, mozzarella, and tomato will truly delight you.
Now...
Only to even out the scales...
I have something sweet for you. (Smile!)
My Sugar Cookie recipe.
Actually, I shouldn't say "my" since I got the recipe off the Internet, but I must share it with the world as these are the best sugar cookies ever (Andrew agrees, but Meredith would rather have choco chip). Super uber-scrumptious. And it's only right to have something to compensate for the way healthy recipe above. (Smile again, 'cause here it comes!)



And the result...



Just lovely.




2 comments:

Leslie said...

If my husband liked tomatoes I would so make this. I love this dish and always order it when we go out for an Italian meal. I'll just downsize the recipe and make it for me!

O'Leary Time said...

It really is so yummy, especially with crunchy italian bread. It has so much flavor that you wouldn't expect from the simple ingredients. I must say that when I have leftover basil I try to put it in everything. I put it on mashed potatoes and it truly added so much flavor. =) Brock's the tomato hater! lol.