October 6, 2011

The Best of Pumpkin Season

Fall is here.
Oh, my favorite
Time of year.

Red, Orange, and Gold
Set the land ablaze.
I'll sit and watch
Colors change all day.


What makes Fall the best time of year you ask? 
Well I'll tell you.

1. The air gets crisp and cool
2. Leaves fall all around you. If you have a little girl, leaves falling around you is basically as magical as throwing glitter in the air. It makes you smile.
3. The sound of leaves crackling sweetly under your feet.
4. Orange, red, and gold consume the skyline and gradually blanket the ground.
5. The crisp air brings out light sweaters and scarves, but mostly gives us a reason to cuddle up more often with loved ones.
6. Festivals.
7. Hot cocoa, Pumpkin Spice Latte, hot tea, hot coffee, Apple Cider, or basically anything to warm your hand and lips while you sit outside in the coolness of the changing season.
8. There's a reason to bring out your beloved boots and cozy socks once again.
9. Heavy blankets come out of their dormancy in the closet or chest, and fill their purpose once more while you warm yourself on the sofa.
10. Pumpkin decorations.
11. Pot roast, tomato soup & grilled cheese, Pumpkin Bread.
12. Big piles of colorful leaves to jump in (need I say more?)

If you have anything to add, please do so. Celebrate in the joy of Fall with us.

And here are a few of our favorite Autumn things.



Fall Decorations



Fall Foods, or desserts I should say. Pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin doozie cookies, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin bread. Pumpkin is in the air. Revel in it.





Fashion for the whole family...if you're a husband and wife with a little girl at least.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I LOVE FALL!! I could really go on and on about what I love the fall season for but you already did a wonderful job for me! I really liked this blog.

Mrs. O said...

I'm glad you finally were able to check it out!

Mrs. O said...

BTW, I need a picture of you