Andrew and Meredith both LOVED this loaf. I made it yesterday and only two pieces remain sitting on the kitchen stove, which I believe won't make it through the day. To my surprise, Meredith tasted a piece of mine and wanted her own (she's never before eaten anything with pumpkin or wished to), and Andrew said it was the best bread he's EVER tasted.
So here is what you'll need:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- nuts/chocolate chips/or any ingredient you wish to add (i chose to add nothing)
Here's what you'll need to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan.
- Mix softened cream cheese, butter, and sugar in medium/large bowl until well blended. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in pumpkin.
- Sift flour, soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice in to mixture. Mix thoroughly. Add nuts/chocolate chips if choosing to do so.
- Pour in to greased loaf pan and bake for 60-70 mins until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on rack.
- Serve with butter, cream cheese icing, or by itself.