We had such a good time with the kids and the parents. As for desserts...this is what I made:
These delicious things were gone within a few minutes. Everybody loved 'em and Andrew asked why I started making these as he's just starting his diet. =( for the dieters, but =D for the non dieters!
I know you're gonna want to make these so here's the recipe:
Blondie Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup butter (yes, another)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tbs vanilla extract
2.5 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts if desired (I didn't use walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream 1/2 cup butter, sugar, and salt together. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each. Beat until light and fluffy.
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the second 1/2 cup butter in the microwave until melted (about 35 seconds). Stir in brown sugar until it's like thick syrup. Stir in vanilla. Add mixture to the creamed sugar mixture, stir.
- Pour flour into measuring cup (if you scoop it out of the bag, then it'll be too packed and you'll have too much flour). Mix in baking soda.
- Sift into sugar mixture, a third at a time, mixing until combined. Add chocolate chips and nuts if desired.
- Line an 8.5 x 13 inch baking pan with parchment or aluminum foil. Grease the foil. Spread batter in pan, distributing evenly.
- Bake for 24-28 mins until top is golden brown. Remove and cool. Grasp ends of foil and lift to flat surface. Cut into desired shapes and sizes.
*As much as I'd like to take credit for this recipe, I'm just not that good. This recipe is from preparedpantry.com