While thinking about my latte one afternoon and how I could very much be in better spirits with one in hand, my wonderful sister texted me. She asked me if I had a good Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe. To my amazement I had to answer no because I'd never thought of making my own. So, with the thought in head that there might be an in-home recipe, I decided to get the ball rolling, jumped on the Internet, and looked up all the recipes I could find. And here's what I found. Thanks, Leslie (here's one for you!).
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Strong brewed coffee or espresso
- Brew your espresso or coffee. When using coffee, make it stronger than normal. In a small saucepan, whisk together pumpkin, vanilla, sugar, pumpkin spice, and milk. Warm over medium heat, whisking constantly, until hot and frothy. Do not boil. Pour coffee/espresso into a mug and pour the pumpkin spiced milk over it. Add whipped cream and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice on top.
The result? Deliciousness! This recipe is very delicious and I can't tell the difference between this one and one from the coffee shop. I can't wait to make this for Andrew. Enjoy!