October 12, 2011

The Tastiest

Around this time of year people flock to Starbuck's or their local coffee shop and order the signature drink of Fall: The Pumpkin Spice Latte. I must admit that I continuously ask Andrew to stop by our coffee shop to get this famous Fall latte, in which case he rolls his eyes and asks me to order him a Vanilla Latte while I'm at it, and Meredith requests a chocolate milk (very famous among the younger crowd).
While thinking about my latte one afternoon and how I could very much be in better spirits with one in hand, my wonderful sister texted me. She asked me if I had a good Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe. To my amazement I had to answer no because I'd never thought of making my own. So, with the thought in head that there might be an in-home recipe, I decided to get the ball rolling, jumped on the Internet, and looked up all the recipes I could find. And here's what I found. Thanks, Leslie (here's one for you!).

You'll need:
  1. 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
  2. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  3. 2 tablespoons sugar
  4. 1 cup milk
  5. 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  6. Strong brewed coffee or espresso
Directions:
  1. Brew your espresso or coffee. When using coffee, make it stronger than normal. In a small saucepan, whisk together pumpkin, vanilla, sugar, pumpkin spice, and milk. Warm over medium heat, whisking constantly, until hot and frothy. Do not boil. Pour coffee/espresso into a mug and pour the pumpkin spiced milk over it. Add whipped cream and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice on top.



The result? Deliciousness! This recipe is very delicious and I can't tell the difference between this one and one from the coffee shop. I can't wait to make this for Andrew. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Deanna Wages said...

def want to make this!