November 14, 2011

In the Spirit...Already?

Since my trip to Atlanta a few weekends ago, I've been in the Christmas spirit. Yes, and I blame it all on Deanna...my sister-in-law and you can too once you get in the holiday mood. My Christmas tree is up (only a few feet tall, but a Christmas tree nonetheless), poinsettia flowers have filled the spot where once my fall colored sunflowers stood, and garland is framing the window. Did I mention we've begun the Christmas crafts?
I love crafts, but what I love even more are holiday crafts. And now that we have our own place as a family again, I can decorate to my heart's content (as long as I stay on my little to no budget *wink wink*).
Needless to say, as I was sorting through our box of Christmas things, I came across multiple ornaments we no longer use...



Which then led me to an idea I saw on Pinterest involving a coat hanger (anybody else think of Mommy Dearest?), about 80 bulb ornaments, a hot glue gun, and ribbon. This is what I'm talking about:



And here's what you'll need to do to make your crafty, beautiful holiday wreath to bring in the Christmas spirit. In the words of Deanna, "We only have 8 weeks until Christmas!" So you better get a move on people!

You will need:
  1. one wire hanger
  2. about 80 ornaments, varying in size (stick with a color theme)
  3. hot glue gun
  4. ribbon to make a bow for the top (you will need a twist tie), or buy a pre-made bow
How to do it:








Add your bow to the top of the wreath or wherever you please. If you don't know how to make a bow and want to, here's the video I used:




Once the bow is on top, then you have your very own Christmas wreath to bring in the holidays. Hang on your door for all to see. Enjoy!









No comments: