December 2, 2011

Not Just an Ordinary Day.

Today wasn't the best of days. This morning Andrew and I took Meredith to school and headed to my oral surgery appointment to get a tooth removed (long coming and the final step in bringing my orthodontics to a close). I was very nervous to say the least. I can only imagine what Andrew might've felt when he had surgery on his head a few years back. All the ladies were comforting and nice in the office, reassuring me that my choice of local over general anesthesia was a good one. For me, it meant I'd be awake and fully aware the entire time, which, in my book, was a long shot from good. Fortunately, I made it through and the nurse even gave me two Chick-fil-A ice cream coupons for my surprisingly good behavior. Believe me when I say that the only reason I didn't kick and scream during the procedure is because 1. it had to be done and 2. I didn't want my mouth to suffer more than it had to. That second part is truly what kept me calm on the outside.
I shed a few tears over the separation from the tooth and the oncoming pain as the numbing medicine wore off. Andrew seemed a bit shocked at my sadness and hurried to get my prescription from the pharmacy. A thanks is in order for his taking care of me, giving me pills, giving me food, and later going grocery shopping with Mer for me when he could've went to work instead. My heart is overwhelmed with love for him.
And I certainly did enjoy sitting on the couch, my head in his lap, looking up at the joyful Christmas garland hanging on the window.



Today was not just an ordinary day, and I wouldn't wish tooth extraction on anybody. But it surely makes the pain more bearable when Christmas is in the air and loved ones' birthdays are around the corner. Love and warmth to all on the second day of Christmas. 23 days to go!

1 comment:

Emily Habeck said...

Poor baby! Wish I could have been there for you, but it sounds like Andrew did a wonderful job. :) I'll be praying for a speedy recovery. <3 you!