December 29, 2011

What Boredom Will Do.

Since Meredith has been off for Christmas break, she and I have been at home ravaging our little monstrously large brains for things to do. There's only so much Wii and TV a person can bear. So yesterday Mer decided to busy herself with crafts while I decided it was time for a makeover...for my computer desk and sitting area at least. If you don't know me too well, then I must confess, I am overly obsessive about the arrangement of furniture in our humble abode. Needless to say, I move things around...a lot. And here's what I came up with yesterday:


The Sitting Area: There was no sitting area before. I took a chair that sat adjacent the couch, the bookshelf behind the couch, and the trunk that was under the coat rack and put them together. Now all I need is some art work above with a lamp and voila! A cozy sitting area.





Next, I decided to work on the mess that was the computer area. I removed the coats and scarves from the coat rack and hung glass jars from the hooks to use as storage space later for pens/pencils and nick knacks that usually lay atop the computer desk.





This is what happens when a lady gets bored throughout the day...And by the time I finished making things look beautiful, Meredith had made a bunch of artwork and an owl mask, which began as a snow flake, and dressed herself in brown so she could be an owl for the day. She really is creative. Here's what she made:






I know the owl face looks a bit scary, but you can probably see how it evolved from a snowflake. If you look closely, you can make out the eyes, ears, and nose in purple. The feet are at the bottom in purple. When Mer showed me I couldn't help but giggle to myself. My baby is too funny and she doesn't even know it yet. Big smile.

Here's to what boredom will do to you.


No comments: