January 22, 2012

One Rainy Sunday.

Saturday. Was. Lovely. Spent. With. Ladies. From. Church. In. Celebration of. A special lady's. Birthday.
And I made fruit kabobs. By the time I left the party there was one kabob left (out of thirty) and the ladies were commenting on how wonderful a treat it was. The purpose in having fruit instead of a delightful dessert at a surprise birthday party, was the simple fact that the birthday girl, Pastor Kathy, was fasting and could not indulge in chocolaty goodness. So I had to improvise. With 30 of these.




I laughed so hard my cheeks hurt, watched a terribly romantic movie surrounded by wonderfully hilarious women, all the while taking in the moment with newfound friends. I'm so grateful for new friendships. And a wonderful pastor whose surprise birthday party I was so lucky to be invited to.

Today, on the other hand, was rainy and dreadfully cold. But the good thing is that Andrew, Mer, and I went to breakfast at a wonderful place, with huge portions and a great price, right before church.





Ahhhhh....wonderful Sundays. Although, I must admit I'm ready for beach weather again.
Here's to praying the rain stops and growing relationships with new friends.



No comments: