February 28, 2012

Gimme Some of That!

Ahhhhhh....
Stuffed Cabbage








Ingredients:

  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup uncooked white rice
  • 8 cabbage leaves
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup

Directions:

  1. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
  2. Bring a large, wide saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add cabbage leaves and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until softened; drain.
  3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, 1 cup cooked rice, onion, egg, salt and pepper, along with 2 tablespoons of tomato soup. Mix thoroughly.
  4. Divide the beef mixture evenly among the cabbage leaves. Roll and secure them with toothpicks or string.
  5. In a large skillet over medium heat, place the cabbage rolls and pour the remaining tomato soup over the top. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring and basting with the liquid often.


Recipe from this amazing food site. I get all or most of my recipes here. I'd definitely say it's my go-to place for food ideas. 

This stuffed cabbage recipe is to die for. Andrew even had some, saying that he didn't expect it to be as good as it was. Let me mention, Andrew doesn't eat cabbage, therefore his eating it and liking it was a big deal. It was AH-MAH-SING!

Besides cooking and student teaching, I've been trying to get back in the gym at least three days a week. This is a big change and I was starting to feel guilty about not going, especially since before student teaching I was going about 6-7 days a week. It's crazy how my waste has gained a few inches since being around all those kiddos. Like my hips have no choice in the matter. When you get around all those children, your hips grow. It's uncontrollable, but I'm trying to control it with Pilates, Zumba, weight repetition, and running. We'll see how that works out. Pray for me. Seriously. I need motivation after a long day of working with 6-7 year olds. 
Not to mention, Meredith started soccer today! I'm so excited to see her run around out there on the field, a few inches taller than the other lil ones, and a super fast runner. Although you could tell I'm the mom who doesn't play or has no experience with the sport since my daughter was the only one with shin guards over her socks instead of underneath. Meredith said, "Mom, I think my shin guards go under my socks. But don't worry, mom, you can do it right next time." HA! I felt as if I had a large hand pointing above my head the entire time, as if to say: HERE SHE IS! THE MOM WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DRESS HER CHILD FOR SOCCER!
Needless to say, we made it through. =)
And here's my baby's first day of practice.