February 1, 2012

A Self Portrait.

I've always believed every person is beautiful in their own right. I've always believed God made all things beautiful. No matter the size, shape, color, weight. Who is to define beauty anyway? 
But here's the kicker...
I've never EVER enjoyed photos of myself, nor have I ever really considered myself to be the loveliest of ladies. Especially not when I see photographs of myself taken by others. You know what I'm talking about. There's always the photos of you on your worst hair day, at your fattest, with your double chin exposed, or at the most awkward angle. And they always seem to end up on FB...which is one reason why I chose the blogging world over the other. Also because I prefer typing long paragraphs over status updates.
But truth be told, I've always told others how beautiful they are, yet I've never felt that way about myself. 
Why is that?
So, I decided to take this blogger's challenge. The self portrait challenge.
I know...I've been throwing a lot of challenges out there for you to toss around in your mind. Like the February photo-a-day challenge, which I've gotten a lot of pictures from you lovely ones already. Well, now I'm throwing out the self portrait challenge. Some of you enjoy having yourself photographed, while others of you are like me and prefer being behind the camera. Either way, allow yourself to grow a little more confident in your beauty. You are beautiful. Be brave. Take that picture. You can use your computer camera (as I did...it's easy!), your camera phone, or if you have the extra time, you can set the timer on your camera and let it do the work.

My Self Portrait: In the morning and not as scary as I thought it would be.


Obsessing over...
Too many things. Like finding the energy to make it the gym to burn off these naggy love handles, when and what craft I can do next, antique stores, and making lesson plans for the next few weeks.

Working on...
This blog, lesson plans, and baking a dessert for the coming Super Bowl party at the church.

Thinking about...
Why I'm still sitting here typing when I should be up and in the shower, getting ready for a long day of school...and that I need to call my BFF and tell her how great she is.

Anticipating...
The beautiful weather we're supposed to have today. Yesterday was 68 degrees and today is supposed to be around 70! Unbelievable weather, but perfect for a skirt and boots! Impatiently awaiting the summer and the beach.

Listening to...
Misty Edwards. Her songs are always in my head. They never go away once you listen a single time.

Eating...
Eggs with toast and jelly. The toast has peach preserves (my absolute favorite!) and I'm drinking coffee.

Wishing...
The days weren't so long, but also that they didn't feel so short. I miss spending time with Andrew and taking time during the day to bake and create. It seems my time runs away from me, and it leaves me rushing to get things done even right before bedtime. What will I do once student teaching is over? I guess my downtime will be in the summer...when the munchkins are out of school.

Okay, it's your turn! Time to get on the ball with the self portrait challenge!
Have a beautiful day, lovelies!


2 comments:

Mrs. O said...

make---up!!!!

Mrs. O said...

Sorry babe....that was fum ur husband! HE HE HE