March 1, 2012

Looking Back On Leap Day.

Faith on Leap Day.
Yesterday I spent my waking hours in pain. This pain came from that very tender yet strong muscle we call the stomach. I made it to school only to send myself home at lunchtime to lie in the fetal position on the couch. Still not sure as to what caused the pain, maybe something I ate, but today is better. Only about 25% of the pain remains. I prayed and prayed for the pain to go away. So, on Leap Day, my extra day that only comes once every four years, I spent praying and groaning on the couch with mediocre TV playing in the background. Well, God must've been listening because I'm feeling much better today. With that said, I love this song of praise:



I was so bummed out that I went home from school early yesterday, and have so much to get done around this house, yet could not fathom getting up and doing it. What a waste of a day! Seriously, what good is sickness? It only prevents things from getting done. Boooo for sickness, but Yay for feeling better!
I hope all of you are having an extraordinary day. It is beautiful here with a high of 78 (yeah, it's nuts!) and no cloud in sight. Perfect weather for another soccer practice. 

And speaking of beautiful days, I only wish I could celebrate this wonderful day with these Cheesecake bites:


I miss these little bites of joy. You can add whatever topping you prefer, but I must admit the blueberry is delicious on top.

Cheesecake Bites

Ingredients
12 vanilla wafers
2-8 oz pkgs. cream cheese, softened
2 egg
2 tbs. lemon juice
2/3 c. sugar

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Line muffin tray with muffin tins. Place vanilla wafer in bottom of each tin.
  • In medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, then add sugar and lemon juice. Beat until smooth.
  • Fill each baking cup 2/3 full.
  • Bake 15-17 mins. Cool on rack, then place in refrigerator until cooled all the way. Top with desired filling.

You will love these. As usual, I must attribute this recipe to another because unfortunately I'm not creative enough to come up with this on my own. Although, I love to make it! Recipe found at allrecipes.com.

Enjoy and have a beautiful day!




4 comments:

Deanna Wages said...

i am sorry about your stomach pain!!! glad u are feeling better.

O'Leary Time said...

I know you can relate. I would hate to be in your shoes. So much empathy toward you! Thank you for the well wishes. =) Miss you!

nataliakristine said...

Those look so delicious! And I love that song so much! It's awesome how God works! I'm a new follower, found your blog through Tunes & Spoons. :)

-Natalia
uncommonplaceblog.blogspot.com

O'Leary Time said...

Natalia, so glad you found our lil blog! It is amazing how God works and how gracious. Welcome here!