May 10, 2012

Something Scrumptious.

On the third day (Wednesday) I said, "Let there be coffee cake." And it was good. Really...really...good. And everybody said, "Amen." Well, at least the people at Bible study did. =)
If there's anything I love, it's coffee cake. Nothing compares to a moist cake with crispy swirls of cinnamon and brown sugar throughout.
'Nuf said.













You can find the recipe here.


Also, a few days ago Andrew and I had some friends over for dinner. I spent a few hours contemplating the perfect dish to make, as the day was a lovely 80 degrees, I was in high spirits from just passing the VA Praxis, and feeling a little adventurous. Soon enough, and after Andrew's indecisiveness concerning the issue, I decided there was nothing for it but to make homemade lasagna with homemade strawberry lemonade. To my surprise, lasagna is an easy dish to make and the strawberry lemonade wasn't hard either.
Recipe for strawberry lemonade found here.







When all was said and done and our friends arrived, the lovely wife had brought a sweet gift of freshly cut herbs from her garden, which were hanging from twine. The mix of green and tan really made for a beautiful gift, and the smell of the herbs were so refreshing (I continuously went back just to smell them). Now I want an herb garden of my very own, thanks to Carrie. =)



Have a beautiful Thursday. And make something delicious.


No comments: