June 26, 2012

Best Carrot Cake Recipe E-V-E-R!

I had never in my life made carrot cake until this past Sunday evening. In my eyes, carrot cake was that untouchable, only something Andrew's dad could be good at making (he went to culinary school and we look at everything he makes with awe). In actuality...I just figured it was a hard cake to make. Boy was I wrong! Carrot cake is as simple as the rest. I actually think homemade chocolate cake, with real cocoa and melting chocolate and such, is harder to make than carrot cake. It turned out to be the best cake I've tasted, besides lemon cake, and such a crowd pleaser.
I'm so glad I made this cake. I made it for a friend's birthday and she loved it and another friend said it's the best she tasted. Sooooooo YUMMY! If I don't get it out of my house there'll be unwanted pounds hanging around my middle soon. Definitely a dessert to share.










Carrot Cake

You'll need:
4 eggs
1 cup veg oil
2 cups white sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup chopped pecans

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Grease two round pans or 9x13.
  2. In large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar, and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots, then pecans. Pour into pan(s).
  3. Bake 40 to 50 mins, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
I used store bought cream cheese icing instead of taking the time to make it from scratch. Either way, the cake was perfection. 

Have fun baking!




No comments: