June 18, 2012

Crayon Wreath and Kindergarten Ends.

Meredith ended her kindergarten year just as we came back from Orlando. She had two days left of parties and helping clean up the classroom. She came home with stacks of papers that had accumulated throughout the year and with plenty of ideas on how to tell her teacher, dear Mrs. Ferguson, that she loved her and would miss her over the summer. With Pinterest on my mind, we decided to make a crayon wreath for Mrs. Ferguson to hang on her door in the years to come. I've seen tutorials on how to make the crayon wreath, and even headlines advertising a cheap dollar store version. Let me tell you...I don't know how the dollar store one worked, because I feel like I spent a mini fortune making this thing.





What you need is:

  1. 64 pack of Crayola crayons
  2. hot glue gun
  3. wide ribbon of choice (I chose red with white polka dots...cause i'm in love with polka dots)
  4. a 12" round wooden circle (this is what i used, purchased from Michael's) or 12" and 8" embroidery hoops
  5. Small chalkboard
I used the wooden circle and wrapped the ribbon all the way around, hot gluing the end piece in place. Next I placed my chalkboard in the place I wanted it, hot glued. 
Then I color coordinated the crayons, placing them around the circle to see how many I'd need.
Finally I hot glued them, then used the extra ribbon to hang at the top once the crayons had set.
I would say the total cost of this would be around $25. So...this is not a dollar store craft.
But her teacher loved it.


No comments: