August 28, 2012

Almost Homemade Pizzas...The Little Kind.





For a while I've been thinking of making mini pizzas, or personal pizzas, because they are so fun and because it keeps me from eating half a large pizza myself. When Mer had some friends over the other night I took hold of the opportunity to invite the kiddos into the kitchen and have them personalize a pizza to their liking.
At a total of $16, I purchased:
  • 2 cans of buttermilk biscuits (I only used one)
  • a large bag of shredded cheddar cheese
  • italian sausage crumbles
  • turkey pepperonies
  • one bag of spinach (I can use this later for salads)
  • 1 jar of marinara sauce (leftovers to use for future dinners)
  • four tomatoes
And if you use coupons, then it can be even cheaper. But I'd say I got alotta pizza and meals for my money, rather than spending a lot for one store bought pizza.
Plus, you get the added bonus of personalizing your pizza and letting the kids have fun doing it. 

Here it is!
Instructions:

  1. Flatten each biscuit to resemble a round pizza.
  2. Spread the sauce.
  3. Add toppings
  4. Bake at temp on biscuit container for 16 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
These little pizzas were soooo good! And you can add as many veggies as you want to make it healthier. Yum, Yum!! I'm seriously using this option from now on!

Have a beautiful day and enjoy!!


No comments: