It just so happens that this week I have loads of free time.
Therefore, you wonderful ones will be seeing many DIY projects to create on a budget.
Being a stay at home mom and all, it is critical that I live on a budget, which is not always the easiest thing to do.
But when you're as restless as I, surfing the internet for fun DIY projects can be very beneficial to your mental health.
So today I present to you...
DIY: T-Shirt Scarf!!!
I mean who doesn't love scarves!?
Especially with the excitement of cooler weather and pumpkin spice lattes around the corner.
Wooo Hooo, FALL!!
Here's what you'll need:
- Dye color of your choice. I chose aqua, of course.
- XL mens tshirt
- Gloves, to protect your hands.
- Sink to dye in.
You ready?? OK!
What you need to do:
- Follow the directions on the dye pack to dye your tshirt. Here's an example of an ombre scarf if you're feeling extra creative.
- Allow to dry completely, then wash alone in the washing machine. Dry.
- Next, cut the hem off the bottom of the tshirt.
- Finally, you have two options.
Option 1: With the shirt laying horizontally, you can cut midway between the bottom (where you cut the hem off) and the armpit of the shirt. Next, cut up to the armpit of the shirt, creating a second piece. If you choose this option, then you will have two pieces to your scarf to layer. This is the one I did. If you're really bad at written directions, here's a visual.
Option 2: Cut one single large piece from armpit to armpit, which makes up the entire middle section of the tshirt). Again, a visual.
5. Finally, take the cut out pieces and stretch them like there's no tomorrow until the sides curl under.
VOILA!! You have your very own DIY scarf.