August 28, 2012

I'm Feeling Tricky Blueberry Oatmeal Bars.


Today I have scrumptious blueberry oatmeal bars teasing me on a cooling rack in my kitchen. I know what you're thinking. BLUEBERRY. OATMEAL. BARS. That doesn't sound too good for you, right? Why is this crazy lady posting recipes for something that sounds not so healthy for you?Well, guess what!There's something special in the mix.Something you'd never guess.Because my husband and daughter never even realized it.(Drum roll please!)There's spinach in the recipe! (I'll give you a minute to regain your composure)Yup, that's right. Spinach. But before you say no and click off this post, take a look at the pictures.












This recipe was taken from a book called Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld. Yes, Mrs. Seinfeld, who is married to Jerry Seinfeld, the comedian. From this recipe alone, I can tell this book and the recipes I've yet to try will be phenomenal! The blueberry oatmeal bars (with spinach puree) are wonderful and I know I have to stick to my diet and only eat one bar. So sad. =(
The concept of Mrs. Seinfeld's book is exactly what the title says: Deceptively Delicious. By pureeing veggies, you can add them in to delicious recipes so you can feed yourself and your children veggies without them even knowing it. I dunno about your kids, but my daughter will only consume select veggies. This is a great way to add nutrients to your child's diet without them even knowing it. For this recipe, click here.



Have a beautiful day, lovelies!!


No comments: