August 29, 2012

Missing My Man and a Winner!

Soooo....today is Wednesday and my husby has been in GA for a total of 4 days. I wonder how we ever spent an entire year apart from each other, but I know that was a different time and we were in a different part of our lives. You do what you have to, right? Just to tell you a little about that, two years ago he accepted a job in VA. We decided it would be in our family's best interested to move away from GA and be on our own, living our lives together, taking care of our problems together, without all the hoopla and mess in GA. Everything with the move worked out except for me. At the time I was finishing up my last year of college, and it turned out that transferring wasn't as easy as we thought it'd be. So my daughter and I stayed in GA, living with my mother-in-law for a year while I finished up my degree. We traveled to VA on the weekends and holidays to spend time with Andrew, and spent multiple hours on Skype catching up on everyday life. It was difficult, but we did it. We made it through.







A year ago Meredith and I finally made our way to VA permanently. The moment we moved here, we were really excited to finally be in our own place together again. Andrew had just found a church he was utterly excited about. It had that homey feel, people were comfortable worshipping the way they wanted, and the pastor actually showed true care for God's people, big and small, in the church and outside the church. Out of all the churches we had been to in our marriage together, this is the only one, besides the International House of Prayer in Atlanta, that we felt truly welcomed by the pastor. The pastor is the head of the church, therefore I think it's critical to know the pastor of the church and feel like he is there to serve his/her community in a selfless, God-loving way. He greeted us like we were family. Like he had known us forever. Then I met his wife, also a pastor, and she was the sweetest lady ever! She reminded me of my BFF in Colorado, with a spirit emanating warmth and love. Andrew and I just felt that finally, for the first time, we had a home church we wanted to be at. I can definitely say for sure that one of the prime reasons we're here in VA is to experience God's power working within the church and to grow alongside fellow believers.
Needless to say, we have been in VA for a year now and are amazed at what God is doing in our marriage and how he is working on growing us in spirit, and in our relationships with others. The friends we've met here are truly a blessing.
Anyway...back to my original headline...I MISS MY HUSBAND!! He is in GA to be the best man in his friend's wedding and he is having a great time visiting with family and old friends. But I miss him and want him to come home to be with me ASAP.

NOW....for a winner for the blog banner and side banner giveaway!
Fortunately for the girls who entered, I couldn't pick just one. So I picked both Lesley and Chloe!
Congrats on your win, and I can't wait to work with you both!
Blog design is one of my favorite hobbies, so I can't wait to see what creativeness comes out of this.

Happy Wednesday to you all!


No comments: