August 13, 2012

MONDAY Mug Art.





Monday is not always cause to celebrate, but I feel the need to make a statement out of this Monday. It's sunny here...and finally after too many rainy filled days. Sooooo...HAPPY MONDAY!! Really, you could choose any reason to celebrate your Monday.

It's been too long since I've done a craft or posted a DIY, so I figured I'd try something from Pinterest and see how it worked out. Mer and I made art with our coffee cups from the dollar store. We call it Mug Art (who woulda thunk). If I were to open a shop where people could create their own drawings on coffee mugs, I'd probably call it Mug Musings (just in case you were thinking of becoming an entrepreneur *wink wink*). 
Anywho...Sharpie markers on porcelain mugs...it works. After finishing your design, place in an oven safe dish in the oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

The only thing is, you can't put it in the dishwasher. It has to be hand washed. I bet porcelain pens work way better than Sharpies do. 


No comments: