September 7, 2012

A Bit of Down in the Dumps. What Could Cheer Me Up?

Meredith started school this week, which I'm very excited about because I do love her teacher. There's something to be said about a teacher who knows what she is doing. I helped out in the classroom a few days this week just to see how the first couple days should operate...since hopefully I'll get a job soon.
This is why I'm a bit down in the dumps today. I can't seem to find a job. Of course I need a job that's during school hours because I am the chauffeur to my daughter. I'm just hoping and praying something turns up. I hunted for jobs and applied for jobs this morning...pray a door opens up.
Needless to say, I witnessed two meltdowns from two different children this week...one my own and the other a friend's child. It amazes me how adults and children are similar in this aspect: we all will have meltdowns when waking up early and going to sleep late. It's added stress throughout the day that drives our brains to the brink of insanity, snapping at the people we love most. Wednesday night my child finally gave in to the craziness school weeks give, and we came home from Bible study with a very sensitive, ultra cranky, cry about everything daughter. Let me tell you, this didn't happen to my child during Summer. It's soo crazy how adults and children are affected by stress. My child has a breakdown simply because her little brain and body are exhausted, and I'm just breaking down because it seems the job market is super difficult to break into. LORD SEND ME A JOB, SO I CAN STOP BEING CRANKY TO MY HUSBAND!!!
To keep my mind busy I've of course decided work on a craft. This craft involved items I had lying around the house, so no money was spent. Of course, if you don't have the items, then you'll have to spend money.
This is the HEADBAND HOLDER TUTORIAL.







You'll need:
An oatmeal canister
Spray adhesive glue
Fabric
and/or white latex paint
along with whatever base you wish to secure your canister on

Here's what you'll need to do:

  1. This is optional, as you might not care if you can see the oatmeal design through your fabric. If you want to start with a blank slate, take your clean, empty canister and paint it with the latex paint. Allow to dry.
  2. Measure your fabric and cut so to cover the sides of the canister. Some material may overlap.
  3. Spray adhesive onto canister and roll fabric onto.
  4. Glue down fabric to the inside and underside of canister.
  5. Secure canister bottom to your preferred base.




I pray your weekend goes well and that your lives are filled with joy (and a job if you're looking for one). 
Happy Friday!!!

No comments: