September 25, 2012

Gift giving | Slippers

Being one of six children in my family, there wasn't a lot of money to go around. Plus, my mom was a single parent because my dad passed away from cancer when I was 6, so there really wasn't a lot of money to go around. I think about it now...how can a woman have a job while trying to take care of 6 children?
Pretty insane if you think about it.
Anyway, there would be days when my sister and I would come home from school
only to find a brand new Barbie lying on our beds.
I remember my mom could hardly contain her big grin at our joy.
She was so happy to see us happy,
which is something I now understand as a parent.
The joy of surprise never fails to amaze me.
It's something I couldn't have possibly understood when I was young.
But I think I receive more joy from giving Meredith an unexpected gift...even more than she enjoys the gift.
As a parent I get all warm and fuzzy inside when I can do these little things for her.
She's been asking for a pair of slippers a lot recently.
So yesterday I surprised her with some.
And she was Soooooo Excited!



Pretty awesome, right? I love that little munchkin. 

With that said...I know it's been awhile since I've written a real great post.
I've been working on some blog designs and had my first paying customer just last week.
I can't tell you how amazing it feels to work and get paid for something I enjoy doing.
I truly love designing blogs.
And I hope I can continue doing it and learning more.
Hopefully I will have my camera back and running soon (poor Cami!)
so I can get back out there and take some awesome photos!
I sure do miss it.




No comments: