September 17, 2012

So Stinkin' Good!

How was my weekend, you ask???
It was fantastico!
I got a lot of inspiration from The Jack Chronicles to make baked apples. I saw her pictures and thought I will die if I do not make these awesome yummy looking apples today! 
But when I looked at the recipe it involved sitting in a crock pot for three to five hours, and to be honest, I did not have that much patience for it. So I adapted the recipe for the oven and the impatient child within me. I'm a little sad because my camera has been kaput for almost a month and a half and it could've taken WAAAAAY better pictures of the yumminess going on in my kitchen. The camera phone will have to work until my camera decides to come back to work. These pictures do not suffice, therefore you will just have to make this on your own and taste the amazing-ness in every bite.











You will need (serves 2):
  1. 2 Gala apples
  2. 2 tsp lemon juice
  3. 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  4. 1/3 cup brown sugar
  5. 1.5 tsp cinnamon
  6. 3 tablespoons quick cooking oats
  7. 1/4 cup chopped pecans
  8. Ice cream of choice (I used vanilla, but butter pecan works too)
The Directions:
  1. Set oven to 420 degrees.
  2. Core your apples.
  3. Add lemon juice to the inside of apples, using your finger to spread the lemon juice.
  4. Mix the rest of your ingredients together in a small bowl, blend well.
  5. Add the mixture to your apples, over filling them.
  6. Transfer apples to a baking sheet or pan that is oven safe.
  7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until juice is bubbling.
  8. Transfer to a plate, then top with ice cream.
  9. ENJOY, because it's gonna be good.




I cannot even begin to tell you how phenomenal these apple treats are, plus they are sooooo easy to make! I hope all of you had a joyous weekend and are ready to get back to the work week. Woo hoo!!

Happy Monday!



No comments: