October 11, 2012

Rosemary Chili.




I added one little herb to the mix and suddenly my chili seemed extraordinary.
What was it you ask...
It was none other than Rosemary. Rosemary has a fresh woodsy smell, with the slight cooling aroma of mint. It balances well with beef, tomatoes, and lentils, which is why I decided to add it to my chili. I'm telling you, the flavor was refreshing and the smell to die for. I paired my chili with Rosemary Focaccia Bread from the local grocery store.

Here's what you'll need:

  1. 1 lb beef (reduced fat)
  2. 14.5 oz Del Monte Diced Tomatoes with Garlic and Onion
  3. 15 oz can Margaret Holmes seasoned Pinto Beans
  4. 2 tsp sugar
  5. 1.5 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
  6. 1/2 finely chopped onion
  7. 1 packet chili powder
What you need to do:
  1. Spread a little extra virgin olive oil in to a deep pan. Put burner on medium/high. Cook beef until brown, drain. Put drained beef back in pan.
  2. Add can of tomatoes, pinto beans, sugar, rosemary, chopped onion, and chili packet. Stir. 
  3. Allow to thicken.
  4. Serve on bread or in a bowl.
  5. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. 


No comments: