December 14, 2012

All I Want For Christmas...

"All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth."



Andrew and I had begged and pleaded with Meredith to pull out her front tooth for so long. That poor thing was hanging by one dead root, and every time she spoke or opened her mouth to breathe, that little tooth would wiggle back and forth. When we would tell her to let us pull it, Meredith would tremble back into whatever room she happily came from. Fortunately for us, all that coaxing finally worked. On her birthday, December 12th, Meredith worked that tooth to an awful crooked tizzy while taking a bathroom break at school. She came out of that bathroom with tears in her eyes because that tooth was twisted and she wanted to see her mommy. Well, I was teaching at the time, so her teacher told her that she didn't need her mommy...that she needed to see the nurse! And thank God for that, because that nurse called me and said if I gave permission to pull it, then she would gladly do so. She said, "It'll be a surprise like it just fell out." I agreed. And minutes later Meredith came to show myself and my class the huge gap where once a little tooth hung. Of course she was excited! I asked if the nurse pulled it and she said, "No! It just fell out! I didn't feel a thing!"
That's what we had been telling her all along...
Parents never get the credit...just sayin.

Now we happily sing the song, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth, my two front teeth, see my two front teeth."

Speaking of all I want for Christmas...anybody out there remember that movie? "All I Want For Christmas"? I used to love that movie. As a matter of fact, I believe it was one of my favorites.

Happy Friday!

No comments: