July 28, 2014

Humbled | Worship


I love my church. I love the pastors and I love the people who congregate there. My church is not perfect.  In fact, they are a people who you will find many faults in. Yes, you and I both have them: faults. That is why you should feel welcome there.

Over the recent weeks, the church has been diving into and listening to sermons on worship. This is a subject so near to my heart. I am so humbled in worship by how much God longs to be intimate with me, and it tugs at my heart strings. Worship is so powerful in song and with the giving of our lives. 

Place value in Him. When we are sincere and true in worship, when we allow worship to move beyond a command and into a response to a worthy God, it is in these moments you find your feet dancing, your hands welcoming, and a song bursting forth from your lips. Your acts move from command to a spiritual response, not because of obedience but because of awe. He wants you to come to him in worship because you are in awe of him.

Isaiah 29:13  The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men.

Even in Isaiah, peoples' mouth and lips honored God, yet they lacked a heart response to Him. God wants our heart. He is jealous for it. Would you choose the lover with chains or the lover with the sincere heart? God wants our sincere heart.

Worship carries with you wherever you go. Worship is not just a once a week encounter with God during a church service. Although church worship with fellow believers can be powerful, worship carries into our being, our everyday walk through life as we offer up our spirit to the Lord. God wants a spiritual encounter with you all the time.

Romans 8:16: The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

There is a heart response in worshipping God. Allow yourself to be humbled by His greatness and enjoy His desire and longing to be closer to you. Allow God to share and reveal things in your life. He wants to do that for you because He is attached to you. He thinks you're lovely and wonderfully made.

Song of songs 2:16: My beloved is mine and I am his... "

No comments: